Up-to-date information on emergency numbers, rescue and repatriation services, ambulance and patient transport services, automobile associations/breakdown services, insurance, etc.
- Emergency numbers
- Service lines
- Helplines for social matters
- Rescue and repatriation services
- Ambulance and patient transport services
- Automobile associations/breakdown services
- Doctors, rehabilitation centres, hospitals, etc.
- Competent ministries
You can find additional links for disaster relief and civil protection on oesterreich.gv.at, under "Katastrophenfälle".
|Single European emergency number||112|
|Emergency services for children and young people||147|
|Poison centre||01 406 43 43|
|Emergency services for the deaf and hard of hearing||0800/133 133 (SMS, FAX)|
The emergency numbers can be called free of charge from any phone in Austria (European emergency number: from any EU country). The European 112 emergency number can also be called from locked mobile phones (without needing to enter a PIN).
Crisis assistance Upper Austria - crisis hotline 0732 2177
The employees of the crisis assistance Upper Austria and of the crisis intervention team of the red cross are available to you with feelings of loads and excessive demands at the "Crisis assistance Upper Austria - crisis hotline" 24 hours daily under the Hotline 0732/2177 or in the context of online crisis consultation under → krisenhilfeooe.atGerman text.
(only works with the extension for the respective patient transport service; only available in some regions)
|Regional alert centres||130
(not available in all provinces)
|SMD – Sozial Medizinischer Dienst (Socio-medical Service)||01 310 50 50|
|Austrian health hotline||1450|
|Hotline for missing children||116 000|
|Helpline for crime victims||116 006|
|Helpline for children||116 111|
|Non-emergency medical assistance||116 117|
|Emotional support helpline||116 123|
|Air Ambulance Vienna||0664 340 56 98|
|→ Tyrol Air AmbulanceGerman text||0512 22 422 100|
|→ Medical Air Ambulance Service AustriaGerman text||01 662 50 50|
|→ Ärzteflugambulanz Wien (Flying Doctors Vienna)||01 40144|
|→ flymed Dr. Schamp||02612 42707|
- Rotes Kreuz (→ ÖRK)German text
Rotes Kreuz, or the Red Cross, provides ambulance and medical services. It also has a disaster relief service, which is on standby 24/7 for operations in Austria and abroad.
- Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Österreichs (→ ASBÖ)German text
Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Österreichs is a voluntary association that provides social, ambulance and medical services. It specialises in maritime rescue.
- → Die Johanniter German text
Die Johanniter provide ambulance and patient transport services, home healthcare services, social services and disaster relief.
- → Grünes KreuzGerman text
This non-profit association provides ambulance, patient transport and medical services throughout Austria.
- → Verein Grünes Kreuz SteiermarkGerman text
Verein Grünes Kreuz Steiermark is the second-largest ambulance and patient transport service in the Austrian province of Styria.
- Malteser Hospitaldienst Austria (→ MHDA)German text
Malteser Hospitaldienst Austria was set up in the wake of the Hungarian revolution of 1956 and, in line with the mission of the Order, is still actively involved in disaster and civil protection today.
- Sozial Medizinischer Dienst Österreich (→ SMD)German text
SMD helps people in emergency situations and looks after those who are ill and in need of care.
- → Wiener BerufsrettungGerman text
Wiener Berufsrettung carries out rescue operations as part of the Vienna rescue association and provides assistance in the event of disasters.
|→ ARBÖGerman text breakdown service||123|
|→ ÖAMTCGerman text breakdown assistance||120|
The → Federal Ministry of European and International Affairs offers a service to → find a doctor abroad.
The Austrian health portal → gesundheit.gv.atGerman text provides information on health and healthcare services. It also offers the following search functions:
- Find a doctor (→ Austrian health portal) German text
- Find a hospital (→ Austrian health portal) German text
- → Association of Austrian Social Insurance Institutions German text
- General Accident Insurance Institution (→ AUVA)German text
- Insurance Institution for Public Sector Employees and Rail and Mine Workers (→ BVAEB)German text
- Social Security Institution for the Self-Employed (→ SVS)German text
- Austrian Insurance Association (→ VVO)German text
- → Federal Ministry of European and International AffairsGerman text
Provides information and assistance in the event of accidents abroad.
- → Federal Ministry of the Interior – Civil ProtectionGerman text
Provides information on civil protection, self-protection, international disaster relief and the Federal Alert Centre (the central office for the Austrian alert and alarm system).
- → Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer ProtectionGerman text
The responsible body for all health matters. It also provides information on social security issues, accidents at work, labour law matters, and hospitals and rehabilitation centres.
Responsible for the content: oesterreich.gv.at Editorial Staff