Change of name: pension insurance institution

general information

You should inform the pension insurance institution from which you receive your pensionGerman text immediately of any change of name.


Individuals who receive a pension and change their name


  • Receiving a pension
  • Change of name


Within two weeks of the change of name

competent authority

The competent pension insurance institution:


Notification of the new name is generally provided in an informal manner. You can provide notification of the change in writing, in person, by e-mail or by telephone.

If you provide notification of your change of name by telephone, you should ensure that you obtain the name of the person dealing with this matter so that it is possible to confirm afterwards that you have reported your change of name properly.


Your pension insurance institution will check carefully whether your change of name or the change of your marital status (e.g. as a result of marriage or divorce) will affect the pension you are receiving and inform you directly about this.

documents required

Supporting documentation (e.g. marriage certificate or administrative ruling)


There are no fees payable for notifying the pension insurance institution of the change of name.

additional information

Not applicable

legal basis

The pension insurance act that applies to your competent pension insurance institution (e.g. ASVG, GSVG, BSVG)

expert information

There is no expert information available.

to form

There is no form available.

authentication and signature

Not applicable


Not applicable

auxiliary and problemsolving services

There are no assistance or problem-solving services.

Further service points:
→ Ombudsman services for insurance institutionsGerman text

Translated by the European Commission
last update: 12 March 2021

responsible for content: Editorial Staff

Rate this page and help us to improve.