Change of name: health insurance provider

general information

Under certain circumstances, you may have to inform your health insurance provider of a change of name. In most cases, changes of name are notified by your employer or the Public Employment Service.


If you are currently in gainful employment, your employer will submit the change of name notification. If you are receiving benefits from the Public Employment Service (unemployment allowance, emergency assistance etc.), the notification will be made by the Public Employment Service. As such, it is primarily farmers and the self-employed who must ensure they submit this notification themselves.


Not applicable


Not applicable

competent authority

Usually, the responsible health insurance provider must be informed of any change of name:


Not applicable

documents required

Not applicable


There are no charges payable.

additional information

Further links
Public Employment Service (→ AMS)German text

legal basis

Not applicable

expert information

There is no expert information available.

to form

There is no form available.

authentication and signature

Not applicable


Not applicable

auxiliary and problemsolving services

There are no assistance or problem-solving services.

Translated by the European Commission
last update: 12 March 2021

responsible for content: Editorial Staff

Rate this page and help us to improve.