Primary School usually lasts for four years, or five years when the child attends preschool level. The task of primary school ist to teach pupils important basics, to recognzie talents and to support them where it is necessary.
The transition from kindergarten to primary school is especially important for children and parents. The following information should help to organise a good start in primary school.
- Registration (enrollment)
- Procedure for determining school readiness
- Attendance at preschool level in absence of school readiness
- Early school enrollment
- Children with special educational needs
- Transition to secondary school
Responsible for the content: oesterreich.gv.at Editorial Staff