In all university cities there are a number of student dormitories, which are built and managed by various sponsoring organizations (associations, foundations, corporations).
Contracts between the residents and the sponsors of student dormitories are completely excluded from the scope of application of the Mietrechtsgesetz. They are governed by the Studentenheimgesetz. Registration for student dormitories must be made at least one semester before the start of studies.
Information on this topic can be found at the respective student union of your university.
- Student dormitories (→ BMBWF)German Text
- Student dormitories (→ home4students)
- Brochure on the topic of "studying and living" (→ ÖH)German Text
- Bulletin board for student dormitories (→ ÖH)German Text
- Questions and answers on the topic of "Living in a student dormitorie" (→ ÖH)German Text
- List of student dormitories (→ ÖH)German Text
- Viennabase - homes for students (→ Wien Holding)German Text
Last update: 1 January 2023
Responsible for the content: oesterreich.gv.at Editorial Staff