Right of residence and employment in non-EU countries

If Austrians want to work in a non-EU member state and live there for a longer period of time, in most cases they need a residence permit and a work permit.

The preferred non-EU member states, according to → Statistik AustriaGerman Text (statistics on Austrian citizens residing in non-EU countries on July 1, 2023, in descending order), are:

Last update: 22 March 2024

Responsible for the content: oesterreich.gv.at Editorial Staff