General information on social compensation
Up-to-date information on social compensation, social compensation for victims of crime, victims of violence in institutions, foster families and hospitals, etc.
The term social compensation (also called "utilities") refers to the financial compensation of damages that persons sustained in connection with measures taken by the state or in areas in which the state has to take special responsibility.
Social compensation is available for the following persons:
- Victims of crime (→ SMS)German text
- Victims of political persecution 1933 - 1945 (victim welfare) (→ SMS)German text
- Victims of war (→ SMS)German text
- Prisoners of war (→ SMS)German text
- Army casualties (→ SMS)German text
- Persons who have sustained vaccination damage (→ SMS)German text
- Thalidomide victims (→ SMS)German text
- Victims of violence in instititutions, foster families and hospitals (→ SMS)German text
FormsGerman text on this topic
Not certified translation
Last update: 17 March 2023
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection