Since 26 October 2021, the "KlimaTicket Ö" (Austria Climate Ticket) has been accepted on all public transport throughout Austria. Klimatickets are valid for standard public transport services (state and privately-run rail services, inner-city transport services and routes run by transport associations), either within a given region, across multiple regions, or across Austria, depending on the individual ticket.
They can be purchased at klimaticket.at as well as at points of sale for all participating transport associations and companies. The standard price of a "Klimaticket Ö" is 1,095 Euro. Concessions are offered for people up to and including 25 years of age and those over the age of 64, well as for people with mobility difficulties. Special offers also apply to families.
From April 1, 2022, all basic military and civilian servants can travel free of charge throughout Austria with the KlimaTicket.
Employers have the option to buy "Klimatickets" for their employees tax-free, or to reimburse their employees for the full purchase price, again tax-free. Further information on tax-free weekly, monthly and annual season tickets for employees can be found on USP.gv.at
In addition to the "Klimaticket Ö", which is valid for the whole of Austria, Austria's individual provinces can also issue their own "Klimatickets", valid in one or more named provinces. Annual season tickets valid in specific provinces are already available in Vorarlberg, Tyrol, Salzburg and Vienna.
Regional "Klimatickets" at a glance
- The Climate Ticket OÖ (for Upper Austria) has been available since 1 October 2021.
- The Climate Ticket VOR (for Vienna, Lower Austria and Burgenland) has been valid since 25 October 2021.
- The Climate Ticket VMOBIL (for Vorarlberg) has been available since 1 November 2021.
- The Climate Ticket Steiermark (for Styria) will be valid from 1 January 2022.
- The Climate Ticket Salzburg starts on 1 January 2022. Early bird promotion until 31 December 2021.
- The annual ticket Land, which is already available in Tyrol, will be given a new name from March 1, 2022: ClimateTicket Tyrol. In addition, there will then be the new ClimateTicket Tyrol U26 for people under 26.
The costs of Klimatickets or annual season tickets vary between provinces. Advance sales may begin (or have begun) prior to the official start dates for the relevant scheme.
- klimaticket.at (→ One Mobility Ticketing)German text
- Klimaticket (→ BMK)German text
- Umstieg auf das Klimaticket Ö (→ ÖBB)German text
- Klimaticket (→ Westbahn)German text
- Klimaticket OÖ (→ OÖVV)German text
- Klimaticket VOR (→ VOR)German text
- Klimaticket VMOBIL (→ Verkehrsverbund Vorarlberg)German text
- KlimaTicket Steiermark (Verkehrsverbund Steiermark)German text
- Klimaticket Salzburg (→ Salzburg Verkehrsverbund)German text
- Klimaticket Tirol (→ VVT)German text
- Kärntner Linien (→ Verkehrsverbund Kärnten)German text
- Rules on employers covering the cost of tickets on public transport (→ BMF)German text
Responsible for the content: oesterreich.gv.at Editorial Staff